National Extension College - Post July 2010 Review

Guest's review of National Extension College - Post July 2010

“I am home educated as I have been in and out of...”

Written on: 07/10/2010

I am home educated as I have been in and out of hospital since I was a child. I have enrolled on 11 courses with NEC in total including GCSEs, IGCSEs and A Levels. I have really enjoyed all of the courses and have achieved B grades and above in all of the subjects I have undertaken so far.

The materials are well written by NEC themselves, and they are split into small digestible units. Updates to materials are also provided if there are changes, which keeps them up to date. My tutors have all been nice and very helpful and quick to return my questions, and importantly, always responded to my assignments within the 7 day return period.

Instructions on what I need to do to arrange for my exams and coursework are sent to me in plenty of time and I have never had any problems sitting the exams (I live in London).

My only criticism of NEC would be that the online student forums were sometimes too lively and I occasionally had to turn my alerts off. However, it is good to know that I can log on and speak to other students about the courses as distance learning can be quite lonely.