Milly Bridal - www.millybridal.com Review

Guest's review of Milly Bridal - www.millybridal.com

“I ordered my dress 6th July which was a 'homage' to...”

Written on: 06/10/2010

I ordered my dress 6th July which was a 'homage' to Ian Stuart's 'Seville'. The dress was made out of silk & cost £400 which was a bit nicer than the £2,025 of the original. I paid extra for 200 swarovski crystals & also for the rush order service.

I received an email the dress had been shipped last Wednesday & DHL had attempted to deliver it on the Friday! I have to say I'm gobsmacked at how beautiful the dress is. The detailing is perfect and it is very very well made. The sizing is fab too but I'm gonna have to get it tweaked by a seamstress because I ordered everything an inch bigger (better to be safe than sorry, hey?)

I know reviews of Milly Bridal have been very up and down but I thought they deserved a write-up based on my experience. I was really worried when I ordered my dress because I then started seeing all the bad reviews which gave me serious doubts whether I've done the right thing. I persevered & was willing to buy the original on a credit card if this gamble didn't pay off.

I have saved £1,600, have a really really beautiful dress that no one else has (my dress has some bits of lace on it which the original didn't) & I really really couldn't be happier. Got enough money to order my Kurt Geiger shoes now! :D

Words of advice for people considering ordering from Milly Bridal -

* give yourself plenty of time & order well in advance (maybe around a year or so if you have it)

* maybe order an inch too big on all measurements- dresses can always be taken in but it's much more tricky

to let them out

* if you're going for a copy of a designer dress, find as many pics as you can & give very clear instructions

about what you want

* be patient & friendly with them!

Hope this helps someone a bit :)

• Wedding Dress £400

Guest's Comment

Written on: 17/01/2012

This really helped me, thank you, how close was it to the original? Also do they send you a sketch first? I am thinking of ordering from them but they haven't made the dress I want before (Sophia Tolli- Heidi). It has lots of beading on it and I am just wondering if they deal ok with this? I would appreciate any final reassurance before ordering! x Olivia

Guest's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2012

I love Seville by Ian Stuart and would love to see some pics of your dress if this is possible? L