Written on: 05/10/2010
I went to Skopelos with Olympic and stayed at Julie Studios. There were a few issues.
1) There were extras for everything, 20kg luggage instead of 15kg (about £6), in-flight meal (about £6), ABTA/ATOL cover (£2.50), even to pay them (£1 for a debit card and 2.5% for a credit card). I found this very irritating, even though the overall price was not bad.
2) The Monarch flight was very cramped with the table in my stomach. The food was also poor, cottage pie out and sausage and mash back, with nothing much else. Extras on the flight were very expensive.
3) The rep did not wait for me to arrive at the welcome meeting, but left early. She was not all that friendly or helpful during my holiday either.
4) The hotel was described as set back from the road and it was mentioned that there may be traffic noise. It was right on the road and there was traffic noise, though not enough to bother me too much, in the last week of the season.
5) The accommodatio was described as self catering, but without a single pot or pan, or any work space, a cup of coffee and a sandwich was the limit. I usually expect to be able to cook bacon and eggs at least.
On the other hand, the flights were both on time. The place was clean and the owner helpful. Nothing serious went wrong and I did have a good time on Skopelos, which is a lovely island. But on the whole, that was not much to do with Olympic. I have put that I would not recommend them to a friend, but I would not tell them to avoid Olympic at any price either.
As rated by real users
"WORST TRAVEL AGENT" Read More
"Simple, easy and affordable" Read More
"AGODA Makes My Travel Easy" Read More
"Do not use this company" Read More
"Sangrinham hotel cardiff " Read More