Haven Holidays, Devon Cliffs Review

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

Guest's review of Haven Holidays, Devon Cliffs

“I had booked a week here in September and after...”

Written on: 01/10/2010

I had booked a week here in September and after reading the reviews was dreading it. I am very fussy, I will admit, so I felt I should write an honest review.

We stayed in a top of the range van and paid for a 2010 model on top and we were very happy with the accomodation. Ok, there were some area's a bit neglected by the hoover but overall it was not bad. Everything worked in the caravan and the bedding was clean. It took me ten mins to do a quick clean with some bleach and disinfectant and I was happy with it all. My son was ill in the night and we needed clean bedding for him, the lady on reception was very helpful and they were delivered straigth away. The facilties were ok, my little boy is 2, so there was not an awful lot except the indoor play area but still ok. The only downside is that it is quite a drive to alot of the local attractions, being over Paignton, Totnes side, a good 50 mins drive to most stuff. Also there is a Royal Marine shooting range on the top of the cliffs so we heard gun fire for a week, which was not that bad really, considering.

Tesco is a 5 min drive away and local pubs on door step. All I wouls say is to make sure you get a good van, because it sounds like it is touch and go, then pay for a newer model, if you can. The vans are very close together so you have to hope that you do not get noisey neighbours.

It isn't as bad as alot of the reviews, so go with an open mind......

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

• Self Catering

Type of Accommodation

Is childcare available?

Are pets welcome?

Is there a shop on site?

Is there a restaurant on site?

Is there a pub on site?