Hotpoint FF175B Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Hotpoint FF175B

“I bought this fridge freezer as it was recommended by...”

Written on: 29/09/2010

I bought this fridge freezer as it was recommended by my local electrical shop. I was looking for another brand but they said they were having reliability problems with that brand since they had transferred production from Germany to Poland so recommended the Hotpoint Future Frost Free FF175B. Thirteen months from new, it was warmer in the fridge than in my kitchen. I rang Hotpoint and they sold me an expensive extended warranty, the technician duly arrived and left it worse than it had been but he assured me it would get better after a couple of hours, by which time he would be long gone. It didn't. Another technician arrived a few days later replaced something, de-frosted it and asked me "You haven't been opening the door have you?" I replied "I thought that was the best way to get the food in!"

I have now discovered that if you de-frost (frost free?)it every 2 to 3 months it is ok. It warns you when it needs done by the temperature in the fridge going up to about 15 degrees C !!

If I had known that this "quality" "frost free" fridge freezer would be this bad I would have never bought it. Can't wait to get rid of it.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2011

Same problem with my one. I defrosted it every four months for two years and have finally given up and got myself a new fridge freezer. I will never buy another Hotpoint appliance again!