La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk Review

Guest's review of La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk

“Lets get the positive (note singular) out of the way...”

Written on: 29/09/2010

Lets get the positive (note singular) out of the way first. My wife bought a dress from them, and it was actually fantastic. But there is where the fairytale ends.

I bought lots of items from their website 2 weeks before my holiday. Plenty of time to get this right you would think. But no, after a week, I called them as the order had not been processed. "Due to an error with the online ordering system", it had not been processed, but was assured on the phone that the order would be processed immediately, and would be with me in a couple of days. Over a week later, still no clothes, and a FOURTH phone call to them today, confirms that my clothes will not be with me tomorrow, and I go away the day after. So they have had my money for just over 2 weeks, and will cancel the order, but I will have to wait up to 14 days to get my money back. LaRedoute are without a doubt the shoddiest company I have ever dealt with. Blatant lies and a telephone system that keeps you waiting up to half an hour per call, even if you call them at the exact moment they open, like I did.

• Various