Wilson Staff Ci7 Review

Guest's review of Wilson Staff Ci7

Wilson Staff Ci7

“Have purchased a set of Ci7 about 3 weeks ago. They...”

Written on: 28/09/2010

Have purchased a set of Ci7 about 3 weeks ago. They play beautifully, much better than my previous set, the TM R7s. The problems with the R7s were: graphite shaft too soft and resulted in strange ball flights (used the standard REAX 65 grams); the camber of the irons was just too much, resulting in poors shots from dry fairways.

The Ci7 have very little camber and bounce, so the strike on the ball is truer, you don't get a nasty "bounce" effect off the turf. The graphite shafts I have are the standard Proforce V2, in regular. Being heavir (74 grams), the feel and balance of the club is much better and it seems heavier at the grip end of the club, rather than "head heavy". There is no longer an erratic flight since this shaft can now take my faster swing.

Result? Much truer flights, which I can now manipulate both left and right. Also mishits go much better than my old R7s, plus the feedback is perfect. Am vastly improving on the course, due to the added confidence these clubs give me compared to the R7s. Am now down to handicap 17, from 23 when I purchased these, and that in just 3 weeks!! I can envisage plenty of enjoyable rounds in the coming weeks / months/ seasons.

Also, when I purchased the R7s back in 2008, it took me about 6 weeks to get fully used to them. These Ci7s took me just 2 days, literally.

Finally, price. I came across these in a shop advertised at 299.95 I haggled with them ("the Ci9's are already out, these are 2006 models", etc etc) and eventaully got them down to 199 for the 4-GW set. However the GW was missing ! At 25 per club, that meant I paid the grand total of 175. Incredible! Excellent club heads and simply unbeatable shafts. In fact took them to a clubmaker just to confirm the lofts and lies and he mentioned the shaft alone is worth around 40 - add the clubhead and grip and you're easily into the 65+ range. What a BARGAIN!

Enjoy the Ci7s, I know I will. They are SO good and in addition a bargain.