Olympus C-2 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Dave G.'s review of Olympus C-2

Olympus C-2

“If you use the default resolution (Hi-res) with the...”

Written on: 24/03/2002 by Dave G. (1 review written)

Great picture quality. Easy to use. Best to take pictures through viewfinder to save batteries. No point in using digital zoom as you can crop later as the quality of the picture can take it. If you don't need to crop later then select lower res to get more pictures from memory.
To load the pictures to your PC just plug it into your USB port and drag and drop from the new drive icon in the My Computer window. It really is that simple. Takes no time at all. Haven't even looked at the software that came with the camera as all i do is double click the photo icon i want and it opens up in my paintshop pro. You can erase the pictures on the camera as if it is another drive so save your batteries and do it that way instead of from the camera using menu options.

Batteries dont last 5 minutes (and i mean 5 minutes) if you use the screen so use the viewfinder instead.
You really have to use rechargeable batteries.

General Comments
If you use the default resolution (Hi-res) with the Olympus C2 digital camera, you get 35 shots to the 16meg card and that gives you plenty of scope to do cut and paste later on your PC and get a good quality print. If you don't use the screen and stick to the viewfinder the batteries won't be a problem. But if you are like me and play about with the screen then be prepared to do a lot of recharging.

If you go to the next res down you can get 55 good quality prints if you dont have to crop later.

Note. I am not a photo expert but i am not easily pleased.

I think this camera is brilliant for occasional shots but when I go on holliday I think I will still take my film camera for the optical zoom and I won't have any trouble using up the film (besides, I only bought it a couple of months ago and I will get some stick from the Mrs if I never use it again).

• Image Quality

17684_Darren.'s Response to 16920_Dave G.'s Review

Written on: 31/03/2002

This reveiw made my mind up in purchasing the Olympus C-2, and when getting it home it was exactly as you (Dave) had said it was a very good reveiw even down to the battery life.
<br>
<br>Thank you.

24053_Dominic.'s Response to 16920_Dave G.'s Review

Written on: 21/05/2002

A very well thought-out and accurate review, after using my old Sony DSC-F1 it was a shock to discover a normal viewfinder. It really does help the batteries, also the Sanyo batteries supplied are poor, Duracell are much better. I paid £169 at Currys but they threw in an additional 32MB card.

18343_Danny C.'s Response to 16920_Dave G.'s Review

Written on: 07/04/2002

Just bought this camera and was going to submit a clear, concise and accurate report - Dave G beat me to it. Agree with everything he says, a great first-time camera.