Titan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ Review

From 1 review

alihad's review of Titan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ

Titan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ

“The Titan Fenrir - well worth the pain of mounting. ”

Written on: 23/09/2010 by alihad (2 reviews written)

The Titan Fenrir - well worth the pain of mounting.

Thanks for the fast delivery Aria!

The cooler is difficult to install, in order to stay compatible with as many CPU's and motherboards as possible the unit comes in several parts. The heat exchanger and the fan are separate, and there are a variety of mounting plates for each motherboard.

Installing the cooler can be tricky, there is barely enough space to squeeze the radiator and fan over the i7 CPU and it still blocks access to a memory stick slot. On an already built core i7 system, you will need to take everything apart to place the mounting plate on the back of the motherboard. Only time will tell if the flimsy wire hooks will be good enough to keep the fan attached to the cooler.

And the results: Wow!

For months, I have had red, yellow and green lights warn me that my system was running too hot - even when idle. Worse still, I had incidents where the CPU or motherboard temperatures have gotten so high that the system shut down, I could not use 100% cpu for too long. After installing the fenrir all the lights have vanished, I have been able to push my system to the level I expected - one that the stock Intel cooler should have but could not deal with. Some games I could not play at high resolution settings now work flawlessly. At last I can think about overclocking.