Revlon Colorsilk Ammonia Free Review

Guest's review of Revlon Colorsilk Ammonia Free

Revlon Colorsilk Ammonia Free

“I would recommend this to people who have sensitive...”

Written on: 22/09/2010

I would recommend this to people who have sensitive scalp and cant stand the smell of ammonia.Yes it still smells(there is no such thing as smell free hair colour people so get used to it) but its not that strong nor that bad. I used to use other brands with ammonia and found them burning my scalp rather painfully,no such thing using Colorsilk:ammonia free. The colour i used was Light auburn and I loved how it turned out. It didnt stain my towel like some, so thats also a plus. I've heard people complaining about the gloves and I can honestly say that they where normal gloves and didnt tear whatsoever .Also like any other hair colour in my case it does fade after about 2-3 weeks but only slightly.But that may be the case because all redidh colors( doesnt matter which brand you choose) tend to fade faster then other because of their molecules. Try using colour shampoo. So overall its an affordable and good hair colour.

Anne Za's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2010

I found this review very helpful because you described well of the outcome instead of being criticizing the hair dye emotionally. Well i wanted to know whether revlon colorsilk absorbed or just coat our hair. Since the color didn't stain your towel, i take it as the hair dye was absorbed. I have been searching for a hair dye that doesn't stain my towel. The current hair dye that i used left my towel stained for a month now.so thank you! :D

Guest's Comment

Written on: 21/12/2011

I used red 160 and it stained my towel big time and took forever to run clear. I mean 4 20 minute showers! So, I see the reason for ammonia but hate the smell and this doesn't smell bad at all. So, good with the bad. The color was to dark pink purple but with the multiple washings, it's lighter and I'm happier. Hope they have a lighter red for the next time, I can't use the same process or I'll kill my hair.