Honda Silverwing Review

Guest's review of Honda Silverwing

“Having taken delivery of the Silverwing one week...”

Written on: 13/09/2010

Having taken delivery of the Silverwing one week before setting off for a 3000mile tour, I was filled with trepidation about the setup and settings of the bike, which was a six month old, recently serviced machine, fitted with a touring screen and back box. The touring screen was hopeless, allowing the rain to stay both on the screen, and on my visor, I had it removed asap, and now have the standard unit fitted, more wind, less water! The 45 ltr colour coded back box is great, although will not carry much weight.

The Honda Silverwing FJ600ABS scoot carried 2 people and luggage in comfort for the two weeks away, and returned me to the uk in good order.

Could be faster the "top speed" is a figment of somebodies imagination, but the cruising speed of around 70MPH is perfectly adequate for the British Motorways, 130KPH is not so easily maintained on the French Peaje.

Although the design is old, and it misses some of the refinements of the Burgman Maxi Scoots, I would thoroughly recomend it as a good reliable long distance touring machine, fuel consumption worked out at about 55MPG over the 3000 miles so OK, but not brilliant, I am led to believe that if you "cane it" poor economy will result, and I can believe that!

My recommendation is Buy, if you want a Maxiscoot for easy long distance and city commuting in comfort and in executive style. Add a "tunnel bag" for extra carrying capacity.