John Lewis www.johnlewis.com Review

roxyfloss's review of John Lewis www.johnlewis.com

“I didn't find John Lewis online at all good. I ordered...”

Written on: 04/09/2010 by roxyfloss (20 reviews written)

I didn't find John Lewis online at all good. I ordered a £1,200 Sony laptop in December and waited in all day for its delivery but when I phoned JL I was told that it had been lost and my account credited. I was furious and asked why on earth nobody had contacted me or sent another one. It took hours and many calls before I managed to secure another laptop.

However when the screen hinge snapped JL online told me to take it to my local John Lewis store. The store did not want it at all and it resulted in an argument over the phone on the shop floor. When it was eventually returned to me it hadn't even been repaired and so the story goes on. Months later I had the store open the laptop themselves and it snapped again. It took ages to secure a replacement.

I could tell you other similar stories but another leaps to mind. I ordered a large rug in a JL store to be delivered. I was told to be on the premises because it would need to be signed for. Hours later that its delivery time I phoned JL to be told that it had already been delivered. I live in an apartment and when I went to the ground floor to check I found it had been left in the entrance hall for anybody to steal.

I now look elsewhere before ever buying from John Lewis and never online.

• Sony laptop £1,200