Sony DAV-S500 Review

• Sound Quality

• Ease of Set Up

Alan Harris.'s review of Sony DAV-S500

Sony DAV-S500

“Bought this Sony DAV-S500 DVD player after several...”

Written on: 20/03/2002 by Alan Harris. (1 review written)

Picture quality excellent, sound brilliant, looks fantastic. I love it

None. Have read some complaints about lack of scart output, but it come with a RCA to Scart converter so its no problem.

General Comments
Bought this Sony DAV-S500 DVD player after several weeks of looking at different products. In the end I went for it because Comet were doing a half price deal if I bought a certain TV and seeing as my old TV had packed up I bought it. All I can say is that I would have happily paid the full price for it, it is that good.

Phillip Powell.'s Response to 16531_Alan Harris.'s Review

Written on: 29/04/2002

The bad point mentioned in this review that is the absence of a scart socket I think the reviewer missed the point the missing scart socket means there is no RGB output this is a big minus factor as svideo is not as good.

78382_Ramsay.'s Response to 16531_Alan Harris.'s Review

Written on: 08/03/2003

I don't agree with philip, even though component output is the best available now, S-Video is a lot better than RCA!!!