Numatic Henry Review

• Style

• Service & Support

Michael Stanley Walsh's review of Numatic Henry

Numatic Henry

“I am a graphic and product designer and designed HENRY...”

Written on: 31/08/2010 by Michael Stanley Walsh (1 review written)

I am a graphic and product designer and designed HENRY for the Numatic company around thirty years ago when I lived in England. It has been a huge success and sold throughout the world. I am very proud of Henry, not only does it clean well but it is very compact and people love the way this little character folows them around the house.

Mike Walsh FCSD

• Style

• Service & Support

Wieland's Response to Michael Stanley Walsh's Review

Written on: 12/04/2011

Michael Stanley Walsh claims that he designed Henry. This is simply not true.
<br/>How do I know?
<br/>Because I did the characterisation that has made Henry the success that he has become during the last 4 decades.
<br/>Together with Mr C R Duncan, the boss of Numatic who will doubtless be contacting Mr Walsh shortly in order to disabuse him of his fantasies, we created Henry in my ad' agency in Kingston in the mid-seventies.
<br/>Mr Walsh is the second person in the past year to lay claim to the Henry design. I suppose its rather like copying being a sincere form of flattery but one has to ask 'where are these people coming from?'<br/>As a graphic and product designer myself and also resident in France I would like to hear of- even see some of Mr Walsh's other designs if he is not now concerned that I might know the true author. Does he have a website showcasing his work?
<br/>Carl Wieland