Hays Travel www.haystravel.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Hays Travel www.haystravel.co.uk

“Booked a holiday to Turkey online with Hays.... Then...”

Written on: 31/08/2010

Booked a holiday to Turkey online with Hays.... Then Goldtrail went down.... ok..... not Hays Travel fault but the level of customer service in attemping to get a refund for the accommodation and transfer sorted out has been a joke. E mails not replied to.. £20 in phone calls so far and still no answers... finance dept now handling it... no phone number for them and customer services no longer dealing with it... been waiting 6 weeks so far last phone to them was told they have no idea how long it will take i just have to wait!!! I just hope they have passed my application for flight refund to the caa as i have had no confirmation of that either. Needless to say i will not be using them again, and would not advice anyone else to. I think they need to review the 'your money is safe in our hands' claim on the web home page.

Have you booked through this tour operator before?

Johnny2403's Comment

Written on: 14/09/2010

I would check that your application for refund has been passed on to CAA if i were you.
<br/>We were in exactly the same position with Goldtrail going bust - as you say, not Hays fault - just our bad luck.
<br/>We booked a new holiday with them, paid for it - ouch, expecting Hays to process our claim efficiently - we had sent them our form 2 days after Goldtrail went bump!
<br/>Got home after holiday - checked with the CAA - they hadnt received it!
<br/>Checked with Hays - they hadnt sent it, even though they confirmed they had received it on 21st July (7weeks ago).
<br/>After various (ignored) emails - finally got to speak to a nice lady called Catherine who confirmed that ours was being sent to ATOL this week - now nearly 8 weeks after our application.
<br/>Really poor customer service - i am now paying interest on this &pound;4k.
<br/>I know that ATOL may take a while to refund - that is out of my hands - but i do expect the travel company to do what they are supposed to do efficiently - so we rae now 2 months dpwn the line and my refund is nowhere near coming from ATOL.

Johnny2403's Comment

Written on: 22/09/2010

Manufan - do as i did.
<br/>Add them as a friend on Facebook - then every time they post as ad - do a comment telling everyone how poor they are (power of the internet)
<br/>This finally (after a couple of days) got them to contact me.
<br/>Hope this helps

Manufan123's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2010

I could have written this word for word! I am still at the stage of constantly emailing Hays though. They are a joke and will never use them again!