Birkbeck University of London Review

• Libraries

• Nightlife

• Societies & Clubs

bobknob's review of Birkbeck University of London

“I saved for three years to come to this place to do a...”

Written on: 26/08/2010 by bobknob (1 review written)

I saved for three years to come to this place to do a foundation degree in Pharmacy and it was the worst waste of my valuable time and money EVER!!!! The support from tutors was non-existent, the attitude of the staff was as if we part time students were nothing but an annoyance to ignore as often as possible. Organisation was sporadic and the amount of times problems arose with classes, rooms, staff etc was amazing. I stupidly assumed this place was a highly organised place to study.

The course content was supposed to be at undergraduate level but is was barely above A Level. Chemistry, Biology, IT were all the same old s*** most people of my age did a few years ago but can still remember and understand. Plus the other courses such as Pharmacy Management and NHS Organisation blah blah was nothing short of an insult. The other students on the course looked as bored as I was each week. As the weeks went on, this basic s*** did not improve. It actually got worse. They were trying to get us to do presentations of all things!!! I'm 40 years old for gods sake........i've worked for some of the country's top companies and had some amazing training over the years but doing silly presentations in front of each other was downright shocking.

But worse was to come. If you find yourself becoming unwell or struggling to drag yourself all the way to the college, do not expect any help or support from the over paid tutors. They won't even answer a basic email asking for help.....

All in all, I wouldn't send my worst enemy to do a part time course at this place. Full time students may actually get treated so much better. If you want to further your education using your own money and sacrificing your time and can only study part time and are over the age of 30.....stay away from Birkbeck. There isn't much for mature students of pharmacy really. Maybe we will be catered for in the future.

Message to Birkbeck staff: You owe me £1350.00. I deserve a b**** refund after what you lot did or should I say didn't do..... and the ONLY reason you have earned any stars is because this site won't allow nill stars. Trust me, you deserve no stars

• 2009 to 2010