La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk Review

Guest's review of La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk

“I've ordered two things from La Redoute recently, one...”

Written on: 26/08/2010

I've ordered two things from La Redoute recently, one of which still hasn't arrived despite my being assured that it would arrive in time for my holiday in July (it's now nearly September, when am I going to wear a short skirt in winter?).

My main gripe however is their order codes and the likelihood of actually finding one you can use on a product you like. I used a 50% off order code, but it wasn't confirmed on the email - on calling their helpline (10 minutes wait with the worst music in the world), I was informed that the order code didn't apply to "green page" items - how would I have known that, ordering online? Especially frustrating since the offer code specifically mentioned the label I was purchasing, I wasn't able to cancel (20 minutes after placing the order), and the assistant explained at length what green page items were as though I were a moron.

I've been with La Redoute for years, but this is the last straw. Avoid. Avoid for your own sanity.

• £112