Haven Holidays, Devon Cliffs Review

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

jamesmckie's review of Haven Holidays, Devon Cliffs

“Okay, this is my honest opinion of Devon cliffs...”

Written on: 24/08/2010 by jamesmckie (1 review written)

Okay, this is my honest opinion of Devon cliffs holiday complex.

If you suffer from bad legs or back, then forget it. Its all hilly.

We had a standard caravan and had to suffer a blocked sink and toilet all week. Caravan hadn`t been cleaned properly to the extent that the previous tenants food stuff was still in the cupboards. Toilet still had stained toilet roll in it. Obviously because it wouldn`t flush preperly. All complaints fell on deaf ears. We had to used a bowl of water to fluch everytime we used it.

The views are nice, but the beach is a very steep walk down, and horrible for getting back up, unless your sper fit. can`t blame Haven for that one though.

Inside the main complex is very very hot, no matter what the weather is like outside. Service at the bars is very very very poor especially in the mash and barrel. I had five people in front of me at the bar, and it took 35 mins to get served. 2 bar staff trying to served hundreds of people is just pathetic. The drinks are very expensive at £3 a pint, ask for a coke and they fill the glass right up with ice. ask themn to leave the ice and they fill the glass just 3/4 full.

The food isn`t great, and the first night we ate at Burger King, and three of us came down with a bug, and where laid up for over 24hrs. I`m not poiting the finger, but it was a hell of a conicidence.

You will find that you have to pay for anything and everything to the extent that the pool has a little inflateable play area, and you have to pay an extra £4 to use it. There was only one slide in use while we where there, and the queue for that was stupid.

Lockers are a pound, most other sites are 20p. The laundry is well equiped but again expensive. make sure you have lots of money, cause believe me you will need it.

There is lots to see and do round and about, i highly reccommend a visit to Lyme regis, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Outside the complex there is a pub called the Clinton, Take my advice and keep away. The locals are very unfriendly. We went there for a meal, but the smell of the place put us off eating there, so we stayed for a drink and to partake in the karaoke, but as soon as it was my sons turn, someone from the local community shouted Get back home you pri--s. And that was just the start. However we stuck it out so as not to let them win and even though the abuse continued we carried on trying to enjoy ourselves.

Its such a shame, its the first time we have been to Devon, and unfortunalty it will be the last.

This is an honest and truthful review, and hope that should you decide to go to Devon Cliffs, that your stay is more enjoyable than ours. thanks for reading.

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

• Self Catering

Type of Accommodation

Are pets welcome?

Is there a shop on site?

Is there a restaurant on site?

Is there a pub on site?