Hays Travel www.haystravel.co.uk Review

Marie Rutherford's review of Hays Travel www.haystravel.co.uk

“I booked a holiday to Turkey through Hays Travel at...”

Written on: 23/08/2010 by Marie Rutherford (1 review written)

I booked a holiday to Turkey through Hays Travel at 7pm on Friday 16th July 2010 the evening that Goldtrail went into administration, a friend informed me the next morning that Goldtrail had gone bust, I received nothing from Hays regarding this and had to contact them myself, basically it was - we can get you your money back do you want to book another holiday? this lead me to believe that I wouldn't have anything extra to pay - they didn't explain that it would in fact cost me an additional £1,000 upon explaining that unfortuately I dont have that kind of money it was oh dear - bye!! No one has since contacted me to explain the situation I have sent a claim form to the CAA but now upon reading various articles I don't think I have done the right thing - I have since emailed Hays Travel twice but they will not respond and I would like something down in black and white!!

Have you booked through this tour operator before?