Sailing Holidays, www.sailingholidays.com Review

dmailer's review of Sailing Holidays, www.sailingholidays.com

“We have had two flotilla holidays with Sailing...”

Written on: 22/08/2010 by dmailer (1 review written)

We have had two flotilla holidays with Sailing Holidays (2007 and 2008). Our experiences were very different. The first holiday was fantastic in every way. However the second was dissapointing (and concerning).

A flotilla holiday is made (or ruined) by the lead boat crew. On our first trip our lead boat crew was fantastic, worked well together and had a great feeling for what we, the punters, wanted. However, on the second holiday we had a much less experience lead crew who didn't really get on very well between themselves and seemed to want to run the flotilla around their convenience rather than our enjoyment.

I could live with much of that, however the unforgivable element that means I would be very cautious about recommending this company was poor yacht maintenance. Out of 12 boats we had three major engine failures. One of these was eventually rectified but caused major disruption to the entire fleet. One had to be withdrawn from the flotilla and another had to be towed back to base on the last day. I know it was the last week of the season but 25% failure does not strike me as unlucky....................

Dave