Hama Star 61 Review

mace1's review of Hama Star 61

Hama Star 61

“Very functional for what I paid for it from Amazon. I...”

Written on: 22/08/2010 by mace1 (1 review written)

Very functional for what I paid for it from Amazon. I have 550d and the tripod does a wonderful job, although I find it is too light on windy situations, I usually hang a small camera bag from the hook , to add some anchor weight to it. There is also a solid carrying handle, that can be used as support to help with the stabilization.

All in all, for what I paid for it, it does the job perfectly. Just don't try to force things, try to figure the different functions and rotation axis and how the different knobs, levers and crank handle, pan handle relate to the movement. If you encounter resistance, try to find the screw that unlocks the resistance, rather than forcing things.

I have achieved perfect panaromic shots with the pan handle, the different degrees of tilting, keep the camera on a portrait mode, with swivel function. I could not ask more from a very good value tripod.