Maplin Review

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Maplin

“Well I wish I'd read some of the reviews here before I...”

Written on: 20/08/2010

Well I wish I'd read some of the reviews here before I bought from this company! To avoid being biased I've recorded my experiences below so you can make up your own mind.

What happened:

I ordered some components off the Maplins website. Annoyingly they automically changed the delivery address to the card address. They didn't tell me this till the order had been confirmed. I emailed them to try and get them to change the delivery address but when I called them up I got some snotty sales person said that they 'didn't bother reading emails till the afternoon'. They would not acknowledge that this was their error and that I had done all I could to try and rectify the problem. Needless to say I required the parts quickly and this is a major inconvenience.

Why I think this is poor service:

They should read there emails quicker or have an option to change details of the order before dispatch (like every other website). More importantly though they should have been able to deal with my problem without being rude and unprofessional.

I will not be buying from them again and I would suggest you think carefully before you do. I trusted this big name company and feel very let down by the service.

• Assorted components totalling £12