Commission Junction www.cj.com Review

lindmel's review of Commission Junction www.cj.com

“Initially I was quite impressed with Commission...”

Written on: 10/08/2010 by lindmel (2 reviews written)

Initially I was quite impressed with Commission Junction and was earning small but regular amounts through a couple of their affiliates. Then, they lost those advertisers. They still had plenty of choice though so I carried on with them but I was getting a lot of clicks but no sales. Suddenly, CJ took £7.00 out of my account. Apparently, if you don't make a commissionable sale within 6 months they deduct £7.00 and when you have no money left in the account they deactivate your account. Having spent several years putting their items on my sites, I am now totally disheartened and no longer wish to put any more affiliate programs on from CJ. It's a shame because they had some good travel advertisers but I'm not prepared to spend hours of work just for them to deactivate my account. Also, I am suspicious as to why I am getting clicks but no sales with certain advertisers. Incidentally, they do not pay out earned commissions until you have £50.00 in their account. Having a sum of £33.00 means that they will deduct £7.00 each month now until there is nothing left and then my account will be deactivated. Their excuse is the cost of band width, but I feel that if they are keeping £33.00 of my money for months, plus loads of other peoples, they are gaining interest anyway on that amount so technically that should pay for their bandwidth. I don't know what anyone else thinks.