Avent Niplette Review

Guest's review of Avent Niplette

Avent Niplette

“I came across this site as I am 35 weeks pregnant and...”

Written on: 08/08/2010

I came across this site as I am 35 weeks pregnant and am concerned that it will be impossible to breastfeed because of an inverted nipple. Not sure whether I would recommend the Niplette as I used the Niplette a few years ago as I had a tiny slit in my left breast and did not like the sight of it.

Although I was able to get the nipple out manually, I wanted it to come out by itself. So I started using the Niplette. I did not find it painful or uncomfortable at all and did not have blisters/bleeding etc. I used it overnight for a couple of weeks and have to admit that the nipple came out more often without having to pull it out manually.

I stopped using it for a few years, but now have an even bigger slit in my breast and the nipple never comes out. Even worse, I am unable to get the nipple out by hand as it is very painful. It even looks as if the nipple is slightly disformed.

As an alternative I might try the Supple Cups, but better check with the midwife first.