Zanussi ZUF105W Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Millie600's review of Zanussi ZUF105W

“I purchased this freezer in June 2008 and it has...”

Written on: 06/08/2010 by Millie600 (1 review written)

I purchased this freezer in June 2008 and it has operated fairly faultlessly except for a couple of occasions when the temperature alarm sounded and the red light lit up. It seemed to correct itself after we unloaded the contents into another freezer until 2 days ago when, as well as the alarm and red light, there was a noise coming from the fan like a helicopter. As it is out of warranty I decided to investigate it myself and found that by removing all the drawers and five securing screws on the rear, interior, panel I was able to remove the panel and exposed the problem - a massive build up of ice from the bottom to the top of the evaporator! It has been defrosting for 2 days now and still full of ice! This is obviously a fault that Electrolux know about as it's referred to very briefly in the instruction book and advises a call out to their service engineer.(Who will no doubt bill you £100+ for his trouble, as it would require two visits)

At the time of writing I still do not know if the fault will be rectified as I am still waiting for the rest of the ice to melt but I am optimistic.

My verdict : Badly designed frost free mechanism and in consequence not good value for money.

• More than 1 year

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's Response to Millie600's Review

Written on: 29/05/2012

Thanks to this review I have just removed a solid block of ice from the evaporator tray of my Zanussi ZUF 105w. However, it has taken three years to reach this state. Take care when removing the block of ice, the right hand side tends to stick hard. Self defrosting? I think not! Frost free? Definitely not.