Gina Ford, From Contented Baby to Confident Child Review

Guest's review of Gina Ford, From Contented Baby to Confident Child

Gina Ford, From Contented Baby to Confident Child

“due to Gina Ford's book my daughter-in-law has turned...”

Written on: 04/08/2010

due to Gina Ford's book my daughter-in-law has turned into a recluse, who very rarely leaves the house. She is almost robotic with her lovely 3 month old son. There is nothing natural about this regime that she has taken from this book. She is constantly on edge that anyone might be taking him out of his 'routine'. I myself have brought up three children, who have grown up into well balance and successful beautiful people. I,m not saying I have always got it right, but reading some of the information in this book is beyond belief! 'restrict eye contact on last feed' Eye contact is the most natural thing between human-beings. Members of both families are very worried as they have to stand by and watch this lovely new mum driving herself in to virtual isolation due to 'The contented baby'. I understand Gina Ford has nursing experience with over 300 babies in her career, but has never had a child of her own!!!! I rest my case!

• Paperback