Revlon ColorStay Makeup Review

• Ease of Application

• Ease of Removal

Guest's review of Revlon ColorStay Makeup

Revlon ColorStay Makeup

“I bought this foundation after hearing it lasted a...”

Written on: 04/08/2010

I bought this foundation after hearing it lasted a long time while giving medium to full coverage, (a must for me as I'd used foundations in the past that just started to "slide" off my face after just two hours...not nice). I bought and used the oily/combination skin version in and I have to say, I haven't looked back since! By far the best out of the foundations I've tried in the past. Here's an overview:

Pros:

- Lasts AGES: OK, it started fading a little with me after about 5-6 hours, but that's in terms of shine, not redness! (I just applied a little powder and the shininess went away. My face was still fully covered in terms of uneven skintone however).

- Doesn't break me out, (and I have fairly blemish-prone skin).

- Seems to 'blend' into your skin over time; it feels less heavy the longer you wear it, 'til you barely feel like you're wearing a foundation at all, yet it remains looking flawless, and still with full coverage of redness and scarring; a great thing by any means!

- Comes in a wide range of tones, and for oily/combination skin as well as normal, and dry.

Cons:

- Feels a bit heavy and sticky when first applying. I recommend using a damp makeup sponge and subtly blending away any harsh lines that occur, if any, to stop it feeling cakey and looking too thick.

- Would be so much more convenient with a dispenser! (Pouring it out is a bit irritating as occasionally too much comes out the end).

- Slightly difficult to blend without the aid of a damp sponge, and a bit easier to remove in my opinion, (just cleansing & moisuturising), but still not effortless, (it may be a good thing that it stays put however!)

Overall, I'd recommend this foundation if you want long lasting, mostly full coverage, but don't mind the fact it is a liquid foundation, (some people have reservations that they are "bad" for your skin, though I have no evidence of this in my own experience), or that it feels a bit thick when first applying, and for the first, perhaps fifteen minutes after this.

I maybe wouldn't recommend it for people with dry skin - I can't draw on this too much but maybe it's a bit too thick for their skin type - but I *would* definitely to people with blemishes and acne scarring, as it hasn't broken me out at all, yet covered me up very well.

And that's it!

Hope this helps somebody out there (:!

• Over 6 months

Purchase Brand

• Ease of Removal

Xxcari32Xx's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2010

I found this review very helpful because I think I have nearly a whole Boots drawer full of various brand foundation and all of them are rubbish! I have oily skin, but good skin and not one of them do what they say on the tin. All make my skin oily within 1/2 and look caked. so thanks to the Review I have just been and spent a huge £ 11.99 and lets see, just put it on and looking good so far.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2011

Wow what a really great reiew, i was considering purchasing this foundation and have the same skin-type as yours by the sounds of it and now i am definately going to get it! thankss!