Emma Roy, Edinburgh Review

Guest's review of Emma Roy, Edinburgh

“Before visiting Emma Roy I read all the reviews, and...”

Written on: 03/08/2010

Before visiting Emma Roy I read all the reviews, and the bad ones didn't put me off. I'm glad I didn't take any notice of them because my experience was wonderful. The staff were very helpful and extremely pleasant. They really couldn't do enough for me. I was looked after by Vanessa and she was amazing. She knew exactly what I was after and she made me feel special. I'm one of the fussiest people you can get and this didn't phase her at all. She helped me every step of the way and was honest at all times. Unlike other shops I had visited, she didn't try to sell me the most expensive dress out off the ones I had chosen to try on, she simply assisted me in making my decision. I was spoilt for choice as Emma Roy has so many lovely gowns. I couldn't decide between 2 dresses, but finally made my mind up. Paid half the deposit that day and the gown was ordered for me. After 2 weeks, I had an awful feeling I had chosen the wrong dress out of the 2 I liked. I contacted Lorraine at Emma Roy and she very quickly got back o me and assured me everything was ok. She said It wouldn't be a problem to cancel my original order and go back to try the gowns again.....and I did! I got the other dress I liked on my original visit, which was half the cost, and they didn't mind at all. Again the staff were extremely attentive, and lovely. When I went back I got a lovely girl called Amy, who like Vanessa, could not do enough for me. Before I went I felt as though I was being a bit of a pest, changing my mind etc, however, they assured me otherwise. I recommended them to my friend, who also bought her wedding dress from Emma Roy a week later, and she too had a wonderful experience. They are not expensive, they have prices to suit all budgets and the staff are very knowledgeable. I would certainly recommend any bride to visit Emma Roy, and I'm looking forward to going back for my fittings and also my bridesmaid dresses.