Travel Republic - www.travelrepublic.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Travel Republic - www.travelrepublic.co.uk

“I booked a hotel room for a wedding in June this year...”

Written on: 03/08/2010

I booked a hotel room for a wedding in June this year with Travel Republic i phoned the hotel to say we will be arriving at 9.30pm i was told i was not booked in and that all rooms were full. iphoned travel republic the did get us another room quite a way from the first hotel we arrived there at 9.45 pm to be told they had booked us a single room and all doubles were full we then had to drive home about hour and half and return the next day.

I have now been waiting over a month for my refund only to be told that they are only the booking agent. So did not get a bed for the night and the company who supplied the room is hotelbeds which you cannot contact as they are in Spain and only deal with travel agents. Customer service very poor will not use again

Have you booked through this tour operator before?

Normanwinter's Comment

Written on: 14/08/2010

I found this review very helpful because I had an unfortunate first experience with Travel Republic . I booked a hotel with them which i then had to cancel. I was charged the full price for the two rooms which I had booked despite the fact that the hotel group will give a refund up to 24 hours before. I suspect there may be something in the small print to alert me to this but I am unlikely to use Travel republic again .