Written on: 02/08/2010
Looks like people either find the iCandy Apple great or terrible. I found it awful and cannot wait to get something BETTER---such a shame since my parents gave us some money towards it as a baby gift :(...Started out with the 4 wheeler then purchased the jogger wheel to turn it into a 3 wheeler to take us through until my son is 4 (as per the manufacturers sales pitch)..... but now this will NEVER happen....the reasons as follows :
MAJOR NIGGLES :
1. Like other unhappy customers I found that the single front wheel is constantly rubbing on the parcel shelf tearing it to pieces. To stop the horrid scraping action means constant interruptions to your walk as you have to keep bashing it back away from the wheel....
2. Worse still, with the 3rd wheel on, if you stop moving for even a second, the next time you try to walk forward the wheel has moved into a 90 degree position that leaves you stuck...the only way to un-jam the wheel is to lift it off the ground and allow it to fall back into a straight position---not good if you're trying to cross a busy road !!
3. When I wanted to buy a parasol for the summer, and having read the reviews about iCandy's own one being useless, my research showed me I was left with only 1 other option that would fit the shape of the chassis----one costing £25!!!
4. Once my son was old enough, the first time we got the pushchair seat unit out of the pack, the zip on the "snuggle" foot muff disintegrated in my partners hand. When we advised the retailer, they informed us that iCandy wanted to inspect the zip for misuse (??) before they would agree to a replacement or repair (??)....2 months of chasing later I have to say we have at least been issued with a new one...
5. The "crotch" support of the harness is SO LOW on the pushchair unit that my son ends up slumped in the seat in the most awkward position...in fact he is so uncomfortable that he just cries until we take him back out again...we even tried to shorten the shoulder straps to pull him up higher but even with a self-made adaption (we have pulled the straps through the back of the seat and knotted them together) we still cant stop him slipping down...
6. As with other owners, the pushchair rain cover is already ripped and has only been used half a dozen times....
I could keep going, the list of faults is endless, but I don't want to bore you or annoy myself even further for buying such a useless piece of equipment.....4 years use???!!! Who are they kidding, I've struggled with it for a year and I've already had enough!!
Long story short.......SAVE YOUR MONEY and buy something else!!
" 6 years old and still going strong " Read More
" A dangerous unstable pram/ disgusting customer servive " Read More
" Jane Slalom Reverse. BAD IDEA " Read More
" Good, comfortable pushchair and carrycot. Looks great and its light... " Read More
" To rattely not a nice push " Read More
Written by Bem89