Vax Mach Air Reach Review

• Style

• Service & Support

samnesiac's review of Vax Mach Air Reach

Vax Mach Air Reach

“Vax U90-MA-R - The Vax with the x factor! ”

Written on: 31/07/2010 by samnesiac (1 review written)

Vax U90-MA-R - The Vax with the x factor!

This machine was an upgrade from my previous bulky Vax, which is at least a decade old, so I couldn't wait to try out my new Vax Mach Air Reach (Vax U90-MA-R), the new and improved model of the already highly rated Vax Mach Air... and it certainly lives up to all its claims and beyond!

The design is lightweight yet completely robust, making it easy to whizz about the house without having to worry about it taking a few knocks.

Its extremely long power cord meant I was able to vacuum every room in my house, all from the same plug socket - so useful!

The long stretch hose reached all my stairs in one go and, especially when equipped with the powerful Turbo Tool, makes cleaning them a doddle.

Being able to access and clean the machine's brush bars from the top without having to turn the machine over is a brilliant idea; there is also a ridge along the plastic pole that I found perfect for running a scissor blade along to snip any hair that had wrapped around it, making it much easier to pull the strands out. The dirt collection compartment is also easy to clean.

The attachments are easy to interchange - the 'clunk click' way of fixing them on is so quick and reassuring - and most store securely on the machine. It would have been nice if there was also somewhere to store and carry the Turbo Tool, seeing as all the others seem to have their place. I also wonder whether the Turbo Tool would benefit from a jointed head to make it easier to keep it flat against the floor while vacuuming... but these are very minor gripes and I really can't fault it as I found it such a handy tool!

As a whole I find this vacuum to be amazing. Lightweight, solid, versatile and extremely powerful - this newest Vax is great value for money and, having tested out some top models from other brands, poses stiff competition - it certainly gets my vote!

• Under a month

Owned Product For:

• Extra long hose; extra long power cord

Special Features