Huddersfield, Storthes Hall Park Review

• Cleanliness

Guest's review of Huddersfield, Storthes Hall Park

“For my first year at University I chose to stay at...”

Written on: 28/07/2010

For my first year at University I chose to stay at Storthes Hall, at first I planned to stay at Snow Island but after speaking to a lot of people that were starting University in 2009 and having a tour around Storthes Hall Park my mind was quickly changed. I really liked the area of the accommodation, it felt like a town, a community. I moved into my room on the first weekend of September into Cinderhill, D, Flat 5, room 5. At first I was overwhelmed by moving out but knowing I had a flat of people that were in the same situation as me made me feel better and helped me to settle in quickly. Freshers Fortnight was also a great way for me to meet people and make friends; I got to know so many people in such a short period of time. D Bar was always my favourite place to go to have a drink and chat with my friends, it had such a friendly environment and bar staff and was student pocket friendly! The fact that everything was right on campus made it really easy to live out of town, the laundrette was just a walk through the park, along with the gym, everything that you could ever need was just a walk away. The reception staff were always friendly, and always there when you needed them even at 4 o'clock in the morning! I really enjoyed my stay at Storthes Hall and if I had a chance to relive my first year I would do it all again, the people you meet and the things you do you will never forget, it will definitely be the best start to your university life.

Leanne