Iceland Mild Cheddar Review

From 1 review

FlyGuy's review of Iceland Mild Cheddar

Iceland Mild Cheddar

“I don't often frequent Iceland stores, the customers...”

Written on: 27/07/2010 by FlyGuy (11 reviews written)

I don't often frequent Iceland stores, the customers here appear to be socially inferior to myself. I do find myself shaking my head and 'tutting' at the patrons of my local store as I watch these people surviving on the 'breadline' fill up their various baskets and trolleys with 4 cans of Oranjeboom lager, bottles of Vodkat Vodka and an Iceland King Prawn Ring. I did however recently pop in to purchase a block of cheese for a delicious lasagne that I was intending to prepare for my family.

At just £3 I purchased a hefty 500g block of cheese, that will do 'just the ticket' I remarked to myself as set off to pay. The clarity of pricing and the chunky product size was about as good as it got on this visit to Iceland.

When I opened the cheese, it had a very unusual consistency indeed, it looked rubbery but was nothing of the sort, was very difficult if not impossible to grate in that it fell apart but the taste of the product was the real nitty-gritty of my bug bear with Iceland's cheddar cheese.

It was tasteless, I feel describing the product as insipid makes it sound far too flavoursome than it really is!

How bad is this cheese? I can only put it in terms of being born with a face but you did not get born with any eyes, nose or mouth. Your head like this cheese is like a blank canvass with no features or distinguishing characteristics. just a mass of something. basically old milk, e numbers and chemicals. I would avoid this product at all times personally.