Panasonic ES8093 Review

leftalone's review of Panasonic ES8093

Panasonic ES8093

“I've had this shaver for god knows how long. Switched...”

Written on: 22/07/2010 by leftalone (1 review written)

I've had this shaver for god knows how long. Switched to it from a very basic Philips 2-head rotary unit. I'm using ES8093 for dry shave and, perhaps my skin is so tough, I personally don't even need an aftershave - I get little or no skin irritation. I tried to replace ES8093 with Philips arcitec (a top of the range 3-head rotary unit), but got nasty irritation from it, and it did not shave as clean as ES8093 did.

Shaving with ES8093 is fast and clean, and cleaning it is also a piece of cake. The foil and the cutter lived long, but now I'm getting a new foil and a new cutter - and only because I think it is time - the quality of shave have not dropped. getting a new foil and a cutter is a relatively expensive business - 40-50 British pounds - you could buy a new mid-range shaver for that sort of money, and it's about half the price of a brand new top of the range shaver, but I am so happy with my ES8093, that I don't think any new shaver may be better, even though ES8093 is so old now.

Guest's Response to leftalone's Review

Written on: 03/08/2011

I would say about ES8093 except one fact
I found similar has been occured by other users:
once upon a time, after 3 years non-stop use
battery went down with the capacity.
It is OK for NiMH accumulators when they die. :)
After opening the shaver and removal of batteries
I've measured voltage and amazed:
one battery was under 1Мвс and other - under 0V.

After getting a new pair over service center
I found another behaviour of charging process
differing from original one.
Only 20% of charge I could use at once,
meantime charging process was hourly long (1-2hrs).
Original use of the shaver was 10% for 5-minute shaving. After batteries replacement (2pcs)
I cannot charge and use it comfortable,
in few times I've got 0-charge.
I suppose something is wrong to a charger.
The sine-like charge voltage I get over
wireless coil fransformation is lower than 0,2V!
In my own practical research normally charge-voltage of NiMH should be around 1.5V
for 1.3V batteries in order to get charge.
P.S.
I really sorry about my lovely ES8093
but if service-repair would cost more than 50$
it's worthful to put the shaver into museum... :(