BushBaby Elite Framed Baby Carrier Review

From 1 review

glenc's review of BushBaby Elite Framed Baby Carrier

BushBaby Elite Framed Baby Carrier

“I was strangely excited about using this for the first...”

Written on: 21/07/2010 by glenc (307 reviews written)

I was strangely excited about using this for the first time. We went on a holiday to Wales and went walking a few times with our two year old in the back pack.

First walk (about 4 miles) I came back with extremely sore shoulders. Then I played around with adjusting it a bit and second walk (about 2 miles) was much better.

However, it wasn't as amazingly comfortable as I was hoping for something that costs about £200.

It may well be that I have not fitted it properly, however, the instructions are pretty poor and dont really give you a great guide to doing this - which is a real shame as it wouldn't cost much more to put in decent instructions.

On the plus sides, the rucksack was a great success with my daughter, she loved it and wanted to sit in it even when we got back to the cottage.

Being a holiday in Wales we experienced the extremes of weather, so I fully tested both the sun visor and the rain shield. Both worked pretty well, although it would have been a good small additional design feature to allow the front flap on the sun visor to stay in the up position for when the sun wasn't on the childs face. Otherwise you just get a child complaining that they want the flap up all the time.

The pockets and extra features like the little mirror were overall really good (although the 'mobile phone' pocket was clearly designed for phones from about 5 years ago, as an iPhone, or similar, did not fit).

I would have given this more stars if it were cheaper, but for getting on for £200 I did expect to have the Rolls Royce of back packs. It may well be that, but as the instructions are so poor I am probably still using it not entirely optimised for my back, hence its not as comfortable as I would like.

Its still a very good back pack, but for the money I expected just a little bit more.