Written on: 18/07/2010
Hi there! I have a unique perspective on tempur matts as i own one and i am also a bed salesman of 12 years experience and have seen and tried every type of mattress available. Since Tempur lauched their range in shops 10 years ago i have sold hundreds of their mattresses. And in complete honesty i have come to the following conclusions , so read on if you at all interested in one :-
1. They do not suit everybody, i would say about 15 - 20% of buyers will NEVER get used to the feel of them.
2. They are WARMER, so ladies of a certain age, people who hate warm beds AVOID! I can tell you all that even with the special breathable covers the difference is very small.
3. People with severe arthritis must always choose the thickest mattress ie:- the 25cm or celebrity , the extra soft layer cushions you that much better.
4. People who expect miracles the first night are going to be dissapointed! The people on here whining that after one or two nights they were in pain are fools. Think, all your life your body has been resting on sprung beds with a certain resistance to provide support, you take that away and it takes your body time to forget and become accustomed to the feel of the tempur. I have met people who have taken up to two months to get used to them, and believe me, most are glad they did give them time.
5. Never never never buy direct from Tempur, you WILL pay full price plus delivery, the 60 night trial is fraught with small print and catches. You Will always get a better deal from an independant.
6. Dont blame the shop if you dont like it, do you REALLY expect us to take a used mattress back, we CANNOT sell it again, and we CANNOT send it back to TEMPUR. Use a good dealer, preferably an independant, take your time and for gods sake try them in the store, the amount of people who buy them but refuse to lie on them in store never fails to amaze me, these are usually the ones who complain afterwards may i add!
7. Further to this last point, do not buy one from dreams, as an inside in the trade i know that dreams do not let their staff have any official training from tempurs reps, so basically, the poor staff have no idea what they are talking about.
8. Lastly, just because your mother/brother/dad has one and likes it doesnt mean you will, you are an individual, and it may not suit you the same
One, last point, i would say is that most people love these products, and as a store i get no more complaints on these tempur products than anyone elses make.
As rated by real users
"Good Fast Service" Read More
"The Dreams Experience" Read More
"Fantastic, great value!" Read More
"Super quick delivery" Read More
"Buy one , it's a no brainer !!" Read More