Huddersfield, Storthes Hall Park Review

• Cleanliness

Guest's review of Huddersfield, Storthes Hall Park

“I stayed in High Green Flat 7 and without a doubt it...”

Written on: 16/07/2010

I stayed in High Green Flat 7 and without a doubt it was the best time of my life. The people I lived with were friendly and fun to be around and long lasting friendships have been formed that will last beyond university, in fact after university I and another flatmate have decided to live together. Through my flatmates I have grown in so many different ways I have become more confident and the experiences I have been through have enriched my life. The kitchen is the main social point of the flat and many good times have been had either by chatting over dinner after coming back from university or the start of a night out. Because this is the first time that most students have lived away from home, the kitchen sometimes gets a little messy, but living in halls teaches you to clean up after yourself and in doing so becoming more independent.

Storthes Hall is 15 to 20 minutes away from the town centre but with a good book or an iPod the journey flies by, it's also useful for a snooze in the mornings as well. Unlike other places because you have to catch the bus, you are never late to lessons and should you need it gives you a small window to finish bits of work off. Storthes Hall is close enough to get into town with the frequent buses but also far away for some peace and quiet. That said Storthes does have a lively party atmosphere. There is always something going on at D bar, whether it is a dance or cookery classes or a theme night. It's always exciting and cheaper than a night out in the town centre. The shop is a life saver because it satisfies late night munchies as well as selling fresh fruit and vegetables. I have spent the past three years at Storthes and the people I have met and experiences I have had means I wouldn't change a thing with barbeques during the summer being a personal highlight. Coming to Storthes will be the best decision you will ever make.

• Cleanliness