Chiquito, Portsmouth Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Chiquito, Portsmouth

“As a restaurant manager I felt this was Probably the...”

Written on: 07/07/2010

As a restaurant manager I felt this was Probably the worst dining experience I have ever had. From start to finish we were made to feel like we were an inconvenience. The service was appalling, even though they were fairly busy and seemed to be adequately staffed; waiters were just standing around. We waited close to an hour for our meal to arrive and when we received it my girlfriend's order was wrong. After trying to get a waitresses attention for about 10 minutes we gave up and made do with what we had. When it came to paying the bill we asked to see the manager who shrugged off the mistake and kept saying 'yeah... but, did you enjoy it?' in a fairly sarcastic tone. Eventually he agreed to a 10% discount off the bill but when we checked it he had only taken it off one main meal. This left a ridiculous amount to pay considering our terrible experience. I would never visit Chiquito's again and strongly suggest no-one else does!

• Mexican

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual