Panasonic SD-257 Review

• Style

• Service & Support

Mrs OGG's review of Panasonic SD-257

Panasonic SD-257

“I have just replaced my elderly Panasonic SD 206 circa...”

Written on: 02/07/2010 by Mrs OGG (2 reviews written)

I have just replaced my elderly Panasonic SD 206 circa 2001, with this latest version from Panasonic, SD-257 wxc. My old one is still going, but the bread pan is no longer non stick and it's become a battle to get the loaf out when cooked. It's now going to be used for dough only when making the dough for the weeks rolls on the weekend. I'll use both machines and have 26 rolls done in one session. The new features are diamond-fluro coated breadpan and automatic Brioche. The Super non stick bread pan is simply brilliant. I just shook a loaf out, not expecting it to be quite so "slippy" the loaf shot out with no problem and shot across the work surface. There really is no need to shake hard to get the loafs out now. The automatic Brioche is a real treat, as I love to make Brioche with my old machine, but it was Dough only, so I still had to prove it and wait. Now I'll simply set it off in the same way as the main loaves. The only problem I found with the new styling over my old square styling, is it's higher on the front than my old one, so lifting the pan out was not so easy. The new ready beep is also a lot quiter than my old one, I doubt I'll hear it above normal household noise, so I'll need to set another kitchen timer to ring loudly when the bread is cooked. If this ones goes on like my old one, I'll not have any complaints and a freezer full of prober bread and rolls.

• Under a month