Vax Power 2 Pet Review

• Style

• Service & Support

dragonfly63's review of Vax Power 2 Pet

Vax Power 2 Pet

“My husband and I run a four star Bed & Breakfast and...”

Written on: 29/06/2010 by dragonfly63 (2 reviews written)

My husband and I run a four star Bed & Breakfast and have a lot of carpets to maintain to a high standard. Although I already had an upright Dyson I got fed-up of dragging it up the stairs (we have two sets as our accomodation is separate from the guest's) and wanted a small, compact cylinder cleaner that I could leave upstairs in the guest accommodation. The cupboard is not very big and the fact that the pipe is telescopic was a big plus, as it stores in a relatively small space.

The bagless container is very easy to remove for emptying and it holds a surprisingly large amount of dust for it's size (essential if I don't want to be running up and down stairs every five minutes to empty it).

It has a sliding power control so it can be really gentle for curtains, upholstery etc, or extremely powerful for assorted bit of beach and bracken. It also has a slide on the pipe to make it even more gentle if needed, useful for lampshades.

It has two wheels and drags behind quite efficiently when cleaning, and it has a long power cord, a definite plus.

It has three additional tools - a long thin pipe, a brush and a small nozzle. The solid pipe comes off the hose very easily for spot cleaning, edges, spiders etc.

The numerous small drawbacks stop it from getting a higher score:-

There is nowhere to store the additional tools.

The telescopic pipe doesn't always lock into the extended position very easily and it could do with being a little longer. I am 5'5" and using it for any length of time gives me back ache.

The dust container comes out very easily and is simple to take apart but can cause more than a few swear words to slip out when trying to get it back together.

It has a tendency to rollover if you forget it's trailing behind and has taken the paintwork off a few door jambs - but this is probaby a fault in the user rather than the machine.

Overall, for just under £65 it is a good buy and not one that I regret, it is great for my purposes but I wouldn't want this as my main cleaner.