Garmin nuvi 250 Review

Garmin nuvi 250

“Garmin Nuvi 255 ”

Written on: 28/06/2010

Garmin Nuvi 255

Garbage. After a day in Alton Towers, I needed satnav to help me get back on to the M1 towards Leeds. My Garmin took me in the complete wrong direction, down an un-made road (and I mean un-made). Grass in the middle of the road, broken cattle grids and wildlife I'd never seen before. There was nowhere and no room to turn around so I just had to follow the satnav's advice. After about 20 minutes we ended up being surrounded by huge rockfaces and a sign telling us that we were now in the 'High Peaks'. In total in took me approximately 40 miles out of my way; added an hour on to our journey, and wasted a shed load of fuel. One other problem with this device is that it does not tell you (on the display screen), how many miles you have to go to reach your destination, so when it does get you lost, you are well and truly screwed.

Also, it does suffer from the following:

Freezes in the middle of a journey.

Tells you that you are driving at 28mph, when you are actually stood still at the traffic lights.

Tells you it's reached its destination when you are actually still a few miles away.

Top Tip: Buy a Tom Tom or print out the directions from the AA or google maps websites instead.

Dolly, Leeds