Island Cruises, Island Escape Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

carolepet's review of Island Cruises, Island Escape

“after reading some of the reviews I began to worry! We...”

Written on: 25/06/2010 by carolepet (1 review written)

after reading some of the reviews I began to worry! We had booked before we read them. Now I have been and seen for myself. Was I on the same ship as these people had been on, if so what do they want. Ship was old yes, no denying that, but it was immaculate. Hand hygene sprays at every doorway. cleaners cleaning toilets in public places all day long. Bedrooms (cabins) cleaned and tidied twice a day, clean towels and bed linen every day, food was good quality and plenty of variety in both restaurants we went in. one was open 24 hours and always plenty of choice. But top of my list for excellent value was the entertainment, absolutely top class. There were variety shows with songs from the shows put on by top class dancers and singers, excellent commedian, went three times to see him and he didn't tell the same joke more than once. Brilliant rock guitarist (Assan), does three sets a night in the sundowner pub, also a blues pianist/ singer, brilliant band and duo also family entertainment in the bounty lounge. I would definately go again on the same ship as long as the miseries who wrote the bad reviews don't go. Ship is said to be going for a refit in November so will be fantastic. Go and enjoy.

• june 2010