Garmin Forerunner 405CX Review

glenc's review of Garmin Forerunner 405CX

Garmin Forerunner 405CX

“The Garmin 405cx is the slightly updated version of...”

Written on: 18/06/2010 by glenc (304 reviews written)

The Garmin 405cx is the slightly updated version of the Garmin 405.

I've previously owned the Garmin 305 which I didnt find to be that good - it was too bulky and really struggled to find a GPS signal.

However, having read a few reviews on the 405 I thought I'd give it a go.

I must say Im pretty happy that I did.

The watch is a good size compared to the older watches. I personally wouldn't wear it as my standard watch, but it is almost at a size where you could. The screen is good (although with the advances of mobile phone screens you'd have thought someone would bring out a really high definition screen).

The functionality is excellent and I like the fact that you can easily scroll through 3 screens of stats as you're running by just tapping the bezel.

Overall the touch sensitive bezel is good but not fantastic. It doesnt cause me an issues really but sometimes it doesnt do what you want it to.

I've found the GPS signal to be excellent compared to the 305 and the addition of the Garmin uploading tool whereby you can view your run on a detailed map alongside elevation, heart rate, speed, distance etc, is a massive selling point.

It is expensive at around £250 (June 2010 price) but if you're serious about your running, love stats and want a watch that is reliable and not too bulky then its the watch for you.