Island Cruises, Island Escape Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Guest's review of Island Cruises, Island Escape

“I returned yesterday from my second cruise on the...”

Written on: 18/06/2010

I returned yesterday from my second cruise on the Island Escape with my friend.I had read all the negative reviews but having travelled previously in 2008 I did not pay too much attention. We booked at the last minute, travelled from our local airport (Doncaster) and got an outside cabin on Deck 7 and we felt we got a bargain.

Yes, the ship is old and desperately needs some refurbishment particularly in the cabins but we didn't spend much time in there. The crew are amazingly hard working and friendly. Supreme efforts were made to avoid health problems with hand sanitisers everywhere and by the crew serving the food in the buffet. The food was not cordon bleu but it was plentiful and perfectly acceptable.

The entertainment was excellent every evening. Excursions were expensive and we only did one but the crew were very helpful if you wanted to visit ports independently which we did.

My only complaint was the fact that we never managed to get a sun bed as it isn't just the Germans who put towels on and walk away but I did put this on my comments form.

To think that I visited Majorca, Sicily, Italy, Corsica,France and Spain in 7 days at a budget price was amazing value. I have been on some very expensive holidays where I expect luxury but I was more than happy with my experience last week. The moral is that you get what you pay for!

• June 10th 2010