Beeman R1 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's review of Beeman R1

“I bought my R1 for the silliuet matches ,and fun in...”

Written on: 06/06/2010

I bought my R1 for the silliuet matches ,and fun in the shop after work. I tried every thing ,cleaning ,proper lubracants,polishing the rifling,the best beeman scope, even having my brother shoot it ( whom is a beter shot thn I with his own guns), and taking tips from other R1 shooters who endured the same frustrations of inaccuricy, even replacing the spring, which was a real shocker,looking like a cork screw. and it had never been left cocked more than a few seconds during matches. I'm very dilligent about that.I was so frustrated noting that the rifling tightened up at the end of the barrel bore ,and others had discovered that by choping off a few inches they had a margin of improvment ,so I tried that too. The gun kicks so violantly that I feel the piston is bottoming out before the pellet is leaving the barrel. I've let it set for a good 15 years now,I'm sure the spring and seals are shot, and it appears that beeman is not offering parts to the public, And I prefir to do my own work on my stuff thank you.

so the gun sets and I use other dependable means of enjoying air gun shooting. I was happy to see that others are having better luck with their own R1s, On a seperate note, I'd like to see a 6mm barrel for air soft that fits the R1,but sennce no one takes intelligent suggestions, I will use one of my other R1 barrels and machine it my self some day.You can't hurt what doesn't work to begin with.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Pcp4Me's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2013

Uh, ".You can't hurt what doesn't work to begin with"?

Convert a barrel to 6mm airsoft and watch just how fast you hurt the gun. Those pellets are so light they will allow the piston to slam violently into the breech and tear the gun up in short order!!

As for accuracy, that gun is known to be superbly accurate! But it requires a dead soft artillery hold!! If you do not know what that is, Google it.

Even experienced shooters find it requires a lot of practice to develop the concentration and technique to shoot this qun accurately! But the payoff is superb accuracy and a great hunting gun.

Generally, this is not the gun you would choose for plinking, and CERTAINLY not for silhouette shooting!!

For that you should choose one of the no recoil 10 m target guns (FWB 300S or similar) or a lower power target gun like the Crosman challenger or the Talon Edge or similar.

The gun you chose is simply totally inappropriate for silhouette shooting!