Berketex Bride, Kingston Review

Guest's review of Berketex Bride, Kingston

“After buying and paying for my dress in full (big...”

Written on: 03/06/2010

After buying and paying for my dress in full (big mistake!!) I asked if it would be possible to change the size ordered as I had recently had a baby and intended on losing a lot of weight before the big day. Head office sent me a letter in Aug agreeing and stating 2 options- if I let them know by the end of Dec I would incur no extra cost. If I informed them of the size in the new year I would incur a late order fee and the dress would not be guaranteed to arrive more than a week before my wedding. My fiance and I split at xmas. I called Head Office to canx the dress (I still had not given them the size i wanted). They wrote to me and said no refunds but as an act of kindness they'd refund my fittings package! Soon after I received a letter from the shop to say my dress had arrived! I called to ask what size it was since I hadn't given them the size yet!!!! Ms Blackaby at head office said the letter sent in Aug stated that I had to let them know by xmas, but I argued the fact that the next paragraph stated i could let them know in the new year. Technically no cloth should have even been cut at this point and so no costs incurred, therefore I should be reimbursed in full. In light of admin costs I was and still am happy for my money back, less the deposit. The lady even said that the letter was written by someone who no longer works there and so any promises made in the letter were no longer valid!!!! What????!!!!! soo angry. Clearly she is the one who ordered my dress, using the measurements taken on the day I paid the deposit and as far as she/ they are concerned it's my problem. £1100 is a lot of money to burn. Since then I've found that Berkertex Brides have a sale outlet which stocks dresses from wedding cancellations!!!!!!! I am so angry that all this time Berkertex Brides has a means to recoup their wholesale costs through this outlet, and yet they've put me through so much stress on top of all the other stuff I'm going through personally, all in aid of profit!! Ms Blackaby at head office has been very very rude to me, she has an obnoxious tone and is very UNhelpful. How can you call that 'customer service'? Berkertex are cold, heartless and have no concern for anyone or anything incl their reputation. Berkertex ONLY cares about its profit.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2011

That is absoultly disgusting, but sadly i couldnt agree more with you im lucky to been pulling out of my order only paying £700 outta £3000 to them beucase of what....poor customer services!!!! could you send me your email id love to talk more on this matter with you and see what you did after.