Crosman 760 PumpMaster Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's review of Crosman 760 PumpMaster

“My friend had one of these back when I was a teen, I...”

Written on: 30/05/2010

My friend had one of these back when I was a teen, I had the more powerful 2100 classic, the 357-6 and the 1377 pistol. It was easier to pump than my 2100, although the size is a bit small and can feel awkward if you are bigger.

We used to hunt in the woods and I never had an issue with taking down game with 1 shot. (bird, squirrels, rabbit) before hunting I'd recommend you really work on your aim and shooting skills to be humane.

Tips: keep it lubricated, and don't exceed 10 pumps, the velocity increase is minimal for the extra wear on the pump and seals. I would also resist the urge to shoot bb's as they will wear down the rifling.

I am now teaching my daughter to shoot and have an Avanti 717 pistol, and thought for $30 this would be a nice addition for her to learn on. Next a 1000 +fps break barrel.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's Comment

Written on: 19/07/2011

Just a note: the current version of the 760 has a smooth bore. It *has* been offered a few times over the years with a rifled bore, but if you've bought one made in the past several years, you've got a smooth bore. Not knocking it, btw. I own one and it's a lot of fun to shoot.