American Greetings www.americangreetings.com Review

pbretl1's review of American Greetings www.americangreetings.com

“In 2006 I also gave credit card information to get a...”

Written on: 21/05/2010 by pbretl1 (1 review written)

In 2006 I also gave credit card information to get a free card from American Greetings MSN Ecard. I never sent another card after that free one. When the charge showed up I canceled it but of course could not get a refund for that year because I called after the charge appeared. Surprise, the next year I was charged again! Since I carry a balance on the credit card for an advancement I received I didn't notice the charge. I quit receiving paper statements so when it appeared again for the next two years I missed it. Today I looked at my current statement and there it was. I called and only heard a recorded message saying an email is sent before the charge appears. I couldn't even talk to a person. The "free" card was sent from my place of work where I no longer have an email because I am retired and have been for 2 years. They are not sending me an email. Why didn't it get canceled after 2006 as I requested? Probably because I didn't respond to an email. We do have a consumer complaint program in Madison, WI that I plan to contact. I've seen similar complaints in the past and money was refunded. This is a crime!