Carrera Gryphon Review

Guest's review of Carrera Gryphon

Carrera Gryphon

“Bought my Carrera Gryphon disk spec in Feb this year.I...”

Written on: 15/05/2010

Bought my Carrera Gryphon disk spec in Feb this year.I regularly use it on my 20 mile round trip commute Monday to Friday.Up until about late March everything was fine but then a rear spoke snapped.I took it into Halfords and was told they "may" fix it under warranty as i had bought a repair plan.I explained that it snapped as i was overtaking on a central london road and it wasn't due to bad riding etc etc.2 weeks later the bike is ready to be collected.The next day i start my commute again and on my return trip ANOTHER spoke snaps.Now i weigh 14 stone and i NEVER ride over pot holes especially on the gryphon as it has no suspension.They quoted me £75 for a new rear wheel.Unbelievable nerve.Apart from the spokes though i can't really complain.Problem is broken wheels mean i'm back on the tube so not much use really.I pick it up again tomorrow.It's been at Halfords for the best part of a month getting two spokes replaced.Not good enough.I would recommend the bike to a friend but only if he or she knows how toreplace spokes :-)