Legal & General Critical Illness Cover www.legalandgeneral.com Review

• Customer service

tim4172's review of Legal & General Critical Illness Cover www.legalandgeneral.com

“My wife and I had taken separate policies from Legal...”

Written on: 12/05/2010 by tim4172 (2 reviews written)

My wife and I had taken separate policies from Legal and General for critical illness cover, which included children. Our son was subsequently diagnosed with a genetic condition, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, and our financial adviser thought we may be able to claim off both policies, a total of £30,000. However, we were told that as this was a pre-existing familial condition it was not covered. This was despite the fact that nobody in the history of either family had the condition, and there was no way of knowing about it before our son was born. Needless to say I was disgusted as the money would have helped to buy much needed equipment for our son. I would have thought that a pre-existing condition would only count against you if you had been aware of another family member suffering from it. I certainly wouldn't recommend Legal and General to anyone, and I'm not convinced that critical illness is actually worth it. I think it's an insurance industry wheeze to get more money from us.

Have you made a claim?

• Customer service

Venky Kumar's Response to tim4172's Review

Written on: 30/05/2010

I found this review very helpful because I am aware of Legal & General are masters in wriggling out of making payment for reasons of Non disclosure or Familial issues without base.